Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geese migratng late?

Geese migratng late?

I thought I missed the "normal" migration of November....but this weekend I saw many large flocks of geese going south. I don't recall ever seeing them this late!! Wonder why? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Geese migratng late?

Hello Munchybob, By no means am I am expert but I think the flyways have changed! I'm way further south than YOU,(South East Texas) & I ride horses in bean & rice fields a couple of times a week & last week was the first flock I saw too! Maybe we should ask Al Gore if it's golbal warming?

With the weather we're having in north Texas, I figured Al Gore must have fixed the global warming problem. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

It's about time somebody did something.

Yeap, Al must have fixed it... i-dineout.com, local Liberty online paper had a pic with 2 lost basset hounds in the snow &amp; it looked so strange in SETexas! I did see some more geese a day or 2 ago, but only one small flock! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font color>

Gotta say ole Al and I never did see eye to eye on most things...but I was sure glad he invented the internet! [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    I joked with my wife (who is part Polish) that they were Polish geese that stayed in the Canadian bar a little too long! I marked my calendar...wonder if they will be late going back north?

I have seen very few Canadian geese this year (I check there visas so I can tell Canadians from the rest.) We have had very few on our ponds. Used to get bunches (40-60) but the most waterfowl so far has been maybe 20 ducks. Used to see huge "V" formations but fewer than 50 individuals in the largest formations noted and not many of those.

I'm sure Al Gore will fix whatever is wrong right after the new pres gets installed and picks a fixer guy.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Have you been following Temperatures from up Canada way? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Geese are far too wise to stick around for that type of aggravation! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, Egon we have been following the temperatures in Canada. We follow them about three days later. You keep sending us very cold weather. This morning we had a low of -29. That set an all time low temp for us. You also keep sending us that pesky white stuff too.. Quit being so generous. Keep the temps and the snow to yourself.

With Global warming we are just trying to help you all's cool down a little eh! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon