Thread: Worlds Largest Yard Sale

Worlds Largest Yard Sale

Has anyone been to or sold at the largest yard sale? I've seen it on TV and always wanted to go; maybe next summer I will. I know it goes from Alabama to Michigan or the other way around. I know it would be interesting.

I've never heard of that one, but there's another one that goes across the country on highway 50. I 'd love to go to one of them, but I'd probably need a big truck to haul everything.

I've never heard of this either, but it makes me want to rent a Uhaul and hit the road, lol. Yard sales are my favorite - one that goes across the country would be like Heaven! Does anybody know how long it goes on for?

I also would love to go to this!!! I actually saw it a couple years ago on TV thanks for the reminder! Going on the to do list for next summer now!

Another one goes across Kansas on US highway 36 the middle of September. Lots of activities in all the towns on US-36.

Wow, these sound really neat! I think I would enjoy the one in Kansas best. It's shorter and I'm sure I would find plenty of things to purchase. These would be great to go to, purchase the good deals and take them home and resale them in your own yard sale. I'm sure you could probably make a lot of money.

I would agree with heavensent about the one in Kansas. Another reason I would enjoy it is because we really enjoy going to activities in small towns that are off the beaten track.

As far as activities, I know Washington, Ks had a lot going on during the US-36 Treasure Hunt. There were too many garage sales to count, a car show, food vendors, kids games, mud drags and even a horse show one evening. Lots of entertainment, besides the yard sales. We had people from all over the midwest stop on their way along the route.