Thread: A Newborn in the Hospital Circumcised Without his Parents Consent

Hybrid View

I would be outraged, not so much that it was done, but that it was done without my consent. I think there are way too many frivolous medical lawsuits, but in this case I would consider one. Some people, and not only those in the medical field, need to learn that the kids are the parents and not society's. Perhaps if that couple sued and got the doctor where it really hurts, in the pocket book, others would think twice about doing any medical procedure without parental consent.

Quote Originally Posted by enJoyingLife View Post
    I think there are way too many frivolous medical lawsuits, but in this case I would consider one. Some people, and not only those in the medical field, need to learn that the kids are the parents and not society's. Perhaps if that couple sued and got the doctor where it really hurts, in the pocket book, others would think twice about doing any medical procedure without parental consent.
    I'm with you on this, but also they should sue others involve in this. Including hospital as well.

I'm with you on this, but also they should sue others involve in this. Including hospital as well.
    I agree with you. Absolutely, they should sue others involved and the hospital. Somehow, to me it makes it even worse that it was accidental, but then I heard of another case years ago when they amputated the wrong person's lower leg. Maybe I shouldn't be on this thread. I'm going to my doctor tomorrow because of a double-break to my elbow that hasn't healed right in a year. I'm already apprehensive enough about possible surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by enJoyingLife View Post
    I heard of another case years ago when they amputated the wrong person's lower leg. Maybe I shouldn't be on this thread. I'm going to my doctor tomorrow because of a double-break to my elbow that hasn't healed right in a year. I'm already apprehensive enough about possible surgery.
    Interesting and never heard of this. Yes, this can be included this thread.