Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mixer :)

New mixer :)

My hand mixer broke during my Christmas cookie weekend last year and I just now finally got around to replacing it. I baked cookies for my husband last weekend and my shoulder was sore for the rest of the day. That's when I said I've had enough and I'm going to get a new mixer! It's just a hand mixer, but I don't care. It is going to make my life so much easier again. I can't believe I've been baking for almost a year without a mixer - I must be crazy :laughing:

LOL I do know what you mean. I have to watch what I buy so I've postponed getting gadgets and such for a long time. Hand mixers do make life easier! Enjoy!

The funny thing is my best friend's mixer died when she was baking last Christmas and I was on the phone with her when it happened. I teased her to no end. Then mine died a few days later and, of course, I never heard the end of it. Then she went out and bought a new one and kept teasing me by texting me pictures of her new beauty sitting on her counter. Then her new one died! Lol. Now, almost a year after the original incident, I am considering sending her a picture of my new one just to keep the teasing going

Over 3 years ago, I bought one of those high dollar KitchenAid stand mixers, although I saved some money by buying a "refurbished" one direct from KitchenAid. I've used it quite a bit and it works great. But my wife still uses the cheap little hand mixer that has to be over 20 years old.

Ohhh, that's interesting, Bird. I was wondering about the KitchenAid stand mixers, but I didn't know you could get them refurbished from the manufacturer. That's a great way to save money on a very expensive mixer. I might have to pass that along to my husband since Christmas is right around the corner

If I gave my wife a mixer for Christmas i would hate to think what I would get.

My wife bakes A LOT and I didn't like the old one she has been using for years and it started to smell like it was burning up. Being herself she didn't ask for a new one, just continuted to use it. So I surprised her for her birthday this year and got her a KitchenAid. SHE LOVES IT!

If you go to the KitchenAid website, I assume you can still order refurbished mixers and I sure couldn't tell the difference in that and a new one. For a hundred dollars less, you get a 6 month warranty instead of one year, but as I said ours is 3.5 years old and no problems. We have the ice cream maker and the food grinder attachments for it, too. When we bought this house, it already had a KitchenAid electric range and a KitchenAid dishwasher; both of which we like better than anything we've had in the past. So besides the mixer, we bought a KitchenAid countertop toaster/broiler/oven, but bought it at Bed, Bath & Beyond. In my opinion, it's a very expensive little oven ($150 minus Bed, Bath & Beyond's 20% off coupon), but it gets used almost daily. Besides toast, we bake biscuits and cornbread and lots of other stuff in it. It'll be 3 years old in a couple of months.

Yup, they still have the refurbished appliances - I just checked it out. The stand mixers go from $189 to $219, which really is a heck of a deal considering the brand! They also have other small appliances available refurbished like toasters, blenders, food processors, etc. Yay - thanks, Bird!!

$189 is what I paid 3.5 years ago, although I did pay another $29.99 for their cover for it and $14.95 for shipping. The ice cream maker was a gift from a daughter and son-in-law and I gave $49.99 plus tax for the food grinder at Bed, Bath & Beyond.