Thread: Holiday Housecleaning

Holiday Housecleaning

Christmas dinner will be at our house this year---we're having 25 people (and a couple of dogs!). Do you think it would be bad to put off doing a good house cleaning until AFTER the holiday rather than onece before and once after??

I am with you. I had my Christmas party this past Friday. We had 63 guests. I just did the bathrooms and the living room to a sparkling status. However, I started giving the house a good cleaning yesterday. I want it gleaming for when Santa arrives.

Who wants to clean a house often? I would if I'm getting paid for it. I feel your pain in cleaning but for me I want my house to be presentable for my guests so I would clean the house before and after the holidays even if I don't want to.

We usually clean to presentable clean for the holidays and deep clean after as we have company in and out all week. I am just glad it is only for once a year!

I wouldn't blame you for not doing a deep cleaning. I resent cleaning more than once but usually do it anyway because I'm ashamed to show a less than sparkling house to company.

All that really matters is if your okay with it, plus if your cooking on top of it who needs that extra pressure and work. I'm sure they'll be noticing your decorations and company more than anything else anyway.

I am with you guys. Just make the house presentable. Considering there will even be two dogs to contend with. After the holiday, then you can take your time and do a thorough cleaning to start the year on the right foot.

I like the lived in look. Like Rita said, as long as it's presentable, save the big cleaning for afterward and make your life easier.