Thread: zabasearch

zabasearch

Seems I can thank my public utilities for releasing and making it simple for anyone to gather this information on me. Try this link. Kind of scary with the ease of identity theft a reality.

http://zabasearch.com/

There's a method for clearing your information from this site, but it's quite a bit of work, and you're required to give even more info than what they may already have.

Re: zabasearch

CowbouUp
    Friend of my wife hired a guy to work on her farm,after a backround check for a criminal record, found none through Zabasearch ($40).
    Guy showed up one day drunk, She was lucky because people were there, he took a swing when told to leave and was wrestled to the ground. After getting locked up by state police ,the trooper informed us at his booking that he has a extensive criminal record which included Robbery, Assault, Sale of Narcotics, and possesion of a gun, ZABASEARCH is WORTHLESS, they collect the easy stuff, but, don't depend on Zaba when it counts, You can get the same info from yahoo - for free

Buck
    My tractor is not a toy, its one of many tools of the trade

Re: zabasearch

Good point, UncleBuck. I've been a victim of identity theft, and I'm sensitive to the ease with which those who want to steal from someone can get the information needed to do so. It's almost to the point that simply looking up names and addresses in a phone book is enough for these people. It's a sad day when we can't even post our own names in our town directory. Many around here use an initial with a last name only. When we went through all the paperwork to reclaim our identity, our banker pointed out how easy it was for the theives to get the information necessary. That got my attention. I'm sure zaba can be used for good purposes, just like a telephone directory can, but I'm still leary about having personal information released about me that I haven't authorised.
    Is there not a place on the net to check criminal records? I know that sex offenders are listed.