Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did not Expect that!

Cool Did not Expect that!

My dad asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told him a cordless drill. When I opened it up I had a top of the line cordless drill set and am vary surprised!! Festool is the only tools he uses but I wouldn't have expected him to buy me one!!! I can not wait to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    My dad asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told him a cordless drill. When I opened it up I had a top of the line cordless drill set and am vary surprised!! Festool is the only tools he uses but I wouldn't have expected him to buy me one!!! I can not wait to use it!
    I had never heard of Festool until this post. I visited thier website and found that the cordless drills start @ 400$ and go up from there. I don't know what you are going to do with it, but it better do everything and make ice too for that price.
    I'd be tempted to return it, get another drill and spend the xtra 200$ on some other tool.

I never heard of Festool either. But I got 3 or 4 cordless drills. I never have worn one out. But was does happen and makes no sense is that everytime I go to buy a replacement battery I find I can buy a whole new drill and batteries cheaper than i can a silly replacement battery. There is almost always some special deal on for a drill and some other tool for less or equal to a battery cost. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbrown View Post
    I never heard of Festool either. But I got 3 or 4 cordless drills. I never have worn one out. But was does happen and makes no sense is that everytime I go to buy a replacement battery I find I can buy a whole new drill and batteries cheaper than i can a silly replacement battery. There is almost always some special deal on for a drill and some other tool for less or equal to a battery cost. Makes no sense.
    I'm to the point where I just roll out a cord rather than get the cordless, get the job 90% and the battery gives out and I have to roll out a cord and 120vac drill anyway. I particularly lik the rechargable flash lights that they couple with the drills, very handy for me, especially when the dog finds an opossum at 3am
    I suppose that the 120vac drill is less impacting on the environment anyway.
    A friend of mine gave 250$ for a milwaukee lithium ion set up that came with a recip saw and a flashlight. He says it's the cats a@#. Battery lasts a lot longer and has a longer service life. I have no idea what they cost,

Wow what a tool that is. I went to the site and had to check it out from the comments on it. I could never afford to purchase these tools, your dad must make a lot of money or get a discount on the equipment!

I would just say thank you and move on. It was an awfully nice gift though. If he uses this brand of tool and it is the only one than you may have expected him to buy you something nice. My dad always buys his tools from Sears so I know that is what I would get.

Its nice that he wouldn't think of getting you anything less than he would get for himself and I think county is right, as a tool guy is loyal to their brand or store.

I can not imagine owning a tool that cost that much. I know I am female but have fixed many things and could not rightfully spend 300 plus dollars on one tool. I may only have $500 in all the tools I own and I have a lot!

I built my own house, so I invested in good tools to do it. I have a DeWalt drill that, seven years later, I still get a ton of use out of. I made the mistake of not getting a cordless one, you lucky sucker!

We had a craftsman 14.4v that we got on sale for $99 about 12 years ago. That thing lasted for, well, 12 years. Then we replaced it with a Makita that we also got on sale for $99. The makita is 18v so the way I see the it the prices of cordless drills have come down in the past 12 years. Very handy tool.