Thread: Camping

Camping

I am so disappointed. We always camp at the same place every 4th of July. We mail our reservations the first Monday of the New Year. This year we were sent letters stating that they were already full! WHAT! So off to find a new place this year.

What a bummer! I'm surprised they were booked so soon. Look at the bright side, though; maybe this year you'll find a better camping place.

What part of the country is this that is booked up this early?

It happens all around, but for me it is on the eastern tip of Michigan. They have a awesome fire works display right in front of the beach and we love that we can walk out to the beach from our camp site. Then we can go back and have a fire, smores, and then sleep with no driving and long lines after the fireworks.

Maybe you could circulate your list of perks from that site past a multitude of camp operators and see who can duplicate it or nearly so for you.

We used to sail down San Diego bay to Glorietta Bay near North Island/Coronado near the Island send of the bay bridge. We'd anchor overnight at Glorietta bay and get a front row seat of a SPECTACULAR fireworks display. The next day we could hoist the sails and leisurely make our way back to our yacht club. I'd feel ROBBED if that were suddenly not available to us so I can feel your pain.

There are campsites that get booked for several years in advance.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"