Thread: Summertime Thoughts

Summertime Thoughts

I know it seems kind of strange to be talking about summer after the horrible winter most people endured. But it will be here before you know it. With the warmer weather, thoughts turn to being outdoors. What comes to your mind when you think of summer? Is there a beverage you like to drink to help beat the heat? Some special activity you enjoy, or do you look forward to the thought of firing up the grill? Do you have a special food you enjoy in the summer? What are your special summertime thoughts?

Fishing in the creek or ponds, swimming there also. Cook outs from grilling to roasting hot dogs on a stick over an open fire. Sitting around an open fire til all hours of the night watching for "shooting stars" with the grand kids.
    We grill a lot of Tri-Tip Steaks also. We both like iced tea and ice water as our beverages of choice.
    I enjoy spending time at my "cabin" by the creek too, listening to the water chuckling its way over and thru the rocks........ You get the picture I think. Have fun and stay safe.

Right now it's snowing like crazy and there is a winter weather advisory until 5PM tonight. I am so ready for summer! Summer to be means laying in the pool on a raft chair sipping a cocktail! I can't wait for summer. It also means bon fires at night and roasting marshmallows and hot dogs on it.

We barbecue more in the summertime since the weather is better, and I look forward to that. Also, swimming. I really miss not being able to enjoy the pool in the wintertime.

Bonfires at the beach!! I love to get together with friends, roast some hot dogs, make s'mores, and huddle around the fire as I listen to the waves crash in the background and feel the sand under my feet.
    Nothing like good old fashioned home cookin .....

When I think of summertime, I think of walking out in the park with the kids, barbecues with family and friends. And a tall glass of lemonade. I am really looking forward to summertime. I'm so tired of being cooped up inside!