I spent last week in Milwaukee on business and had some spare time to explore a little, especially around the shore of Lake Michigan. Dry-docking companies must make a mint this time of year. I was astonished at all the huge salmon I saw in the shallows with diseased-looking skin. Then later in downtown it was very shocking to see dozens of these fish floating dead in the Milwaukee River causing quite a stench. When I asked the locals they just kinda remarked "they're going through the dying phase" like it was a well-known fact of life. They seemed to imply they weren't even fit to eat. I'd much rather seem ignorant on a computer than face-to-face so I ask, what is the biology going on with this "dying phase"?

BTW, the look on the checked baggage X-rayer's face was priceless when my duffel full of Usinger's summer sausage, 7-year old cheddar, and misc coils of computer wire went through the machine at the airport coming home. If I hadn't stuck around and soothed their fears a LITTLE by showing them the sales receipts I fear they would have evacuated the building!