Hello to all, I am a product off of the TBN and felt the country pangs banging at me for sometime now so I joined this one also!! OK now to my question, On regular 25-30yr. 3-tab shingles there is a cellophane strip on the back of every shingle which I assume is there so while the shingles are in the bundle they don't melt together .SO I think when they are installed you peel this strip off so the shingle can seal against the last row ...Correct or is that optional, Reason I ask is when we contracted our roofing job on our new constuction 7yrs ago I didn't climb up to inspect the job (my mistake thinking a contractor would know his business) but now it's been 7yrs and we live in a very windy region of md. I'm loosing shingles and I DON'T LIKE IT!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
SO I just want to know about the cellophane strip because I'm thinking that the shingles are getting fatigued flapping up and down finally tearing off!! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] bigtime thanks for your input Mark