[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] "Uverloaded" is a subjective term. Which axle was overloaded? Did that Dodge have dual wheels in the rear? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] We have a gooseneck van trailer that puts us at 21,000 gross behind my pickup, and every axle is well within good working limits. Of course a gooseneck has the advantage of loading the tow vehicle farther forward and actually adding front axle weight. I can pull long, steep, grades alongside the 80,000 pounders in 3rd-Under at about 25-28 MPH; that seems to be a good speed to keep out of everyone's way. When I first put this combination together I was so concerned about the rear axle that I installed a temp gauge to monitor the lube oil temperature. I have seen it at 265, but that is not abnormal for a gear box. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] A lot of the fifth wheel travel trailers and a diesel tow pickup will gross about 24K, and those folks think all is well with the world. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]