Well, the wife and I decided to put up the field fence along our 1400 ft property line with 6 neighbors that are less than cordial (to put it mildly). Last week, I cleared a path through thick, thick brush (using my DR Brush mower, fantastic machine). Naturally, I went over onto 1 neighbors property with the mower (about 15 ft in one stretch) because (CATCH 22) I couldn't see the stake-to-stake line until I had cleared the path. While we were setting t-posts this weekend he came out cussing and swearing about me coming onto his property. Bottom line was that he was mad because I had asked him to refrain from hunting/fishing/ATVing on my property when we bought it several years ago. I apologized about the trespass and assured him I would respect the property line now that I knew where the boundary was. He stated that "things are different up here" regarding property, stating that they used to be able to hunt/fish/whatever on the property that I now own. I reminded him that if he liked the property so much, HE could have bought it. He grudingly agreed.

I kept my cool, talked calmly, explained our position and we shook hands when we parted. I had pointed out that I wasn't much inclined to invite neighbors over to fish/hunt, etc when my neighborly wave was returned with scowls and a middle finger, in some cases. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don't expect that this will be the end of it, but life is too short to worry much about petty things. We'll finish putting up the fence over the next few weeks and feel secure that when I let my dogs roam, they won't be running over on the neighbors' property.

By the way, I had planned to put 4x4x8' wolmanized posts every 50', but the t-posts (10 ft centers) seemed ok even after we stretched/secured the fence on the first 250 ft. Think I'll have a problem long-term? I figure I can always go back and install the 4x4's later if I have a problem.