[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I, CJDave, Dictator-For-Life, have decreed that this will be national: "Be Kind To Your Compressor" week. In keeping with the spirit and intent of this great movement I am mandating that all owners of electrically-driven compressors should add extra air space between the tank check valve and the compressor outlet port. Extra air space can be in the form of longer piping (make an extra circle with that tubing; heck, run it around the pump a COUPLE of times); it could be the addition of a little "squish tank" made from a discarded air conditioning drier; or it could be a "weenie" made from copper tubing and installed in place of the discharge line. WHATEVER the setup, adding extra air space gives your compressor that little extra time that it needs to get oiled up before the pressure on the crankshaft and rod bearings goes to the max. Since most units are splash lubed, a few extra revolutions can help spread that oil and prevent start-up wear. The more air space you have between the tank check and the compressor, the longer it will take to get high pressure on that crankshaft and on those rod bearings. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] My jackbooted team of super-models will be checking all compressors in the coming weeks to detect any non-compliance. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]