Thread: Gutters on steel sided buildings

Gutters on steel sided buildings

What's the best gutter solution out there? Does anyone have those gutters that wrap over the roof panel on the eaves to give that built-in appearance? Anyone find a supplier that supplies painted galvinized steel gutters to match your trim?

I used plastic gutters on my building and I'm tearing them off as soon as I can find a better way [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Gutters on steel sided buildings

I always have them come out and put up the seemless gutters. They work very well in my opinion. I get the industrial ones which are much larger than the standard ones they put on houses. But it depends on how long your barn is.

If you're refering to the ones that have a top cover that wraps around and only leaves about a 1/2 inch gap for the water to drop in I would say thats the absolute premium way to go UNLESS you have no trees within a few hundred feet of your barn. I've seen them on houses and in operation. They work well and look great but they aren't cheap. (I think around $10 a foot installed). But then whats it worth to never have to clean out a gutter again?? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Richard,

Are you able to get steel gutters that match your siding or trim? I know you shouldn't mix aluminum and steel, unless you put a gasket in between to seperate them.

The ones I'm talking about appear to be part of the trim package on the metal building. They appear very similar to the trim piece used on the gable (wrapping over the roof panel with a gap in the valley to catch water), but obviously there is a gutter built in. I used Fabral siding on my barn and they didn't seem to offer any gutters as part of their trim package.

I've seen them on many (but certainly not all) steel buildings around here. I'll take a ride this weekend and snap a picture to post.

Your post doesn't tell us where your located. Check out "Muellers" web site. You can do an internet search and find them. Another one to check is "Ameristall". I think almost all of the metal building suppliers have them. I agree that they look nice and neat. I'm working up a metal barn project that closely matches the barns on the "Ameristall" website. It's a few projects down on my list, but I'll post some action photos when I tackle it. I plan to make it from scratch, as I can save over 50% on the package price. I have some shop space to do the truss fabrication.

Yes you can get it to match your siding.

Try this site gutter . You need a really big building to get the 5" bottom profile to look right. Usually use the 3 1/2" with square downspouts and there are aluminum gutter guards available.