Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Started on new house

Re: Started on new house

Lookin Good Nat!! Wished I could make as much progress on my small projects as you are making on a whole house!

Really -really nice work Nat! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

Nat, very nice, I assume your using a finish nailer?

Yep, and the end of my ring finger has a hole to prove it. I was making a set of door jambs on sat. morning and a nail hit a knot and turned out the side and hit me right in the end of my finger, felt like I hit it with the hammer. OK now.

Well, we're getting closer all the time. I have the baseboard and window/door trim installed all over the house except for the master bedroom/ master bath. I can't do them till after the floor is down. All the tile is in and grouted, the cabinets are done except for putting the adjustable shelves in. The shelf brackets are already in, and the shelves are made. The hers and his vanities are done and I am going to put the tile on them tommorow. I made a small table to go in the kitchen. It will set in front of a set of double windows for Vickie and I to use. I bought an old tredle sewing machine base at a yard sale for 2 bucks, the top is a piece of 3/4" plywood, reinforced with strips of 3/4 X 1 1/2 pine glued and screwed under it. I put a band of 3/4" X 1 1/8" pine around the outside that will cover the plywood edge and to give it some thickness.
    I tiled the top with the a beige tile 4x4 tile and the 4 corners are the same color as the 12 x 12 tile that is on the floor

Here is a pic of the bar area. I made a frame from 1" x 1" x 3/16" angle and painted it flat black, then put a bottom in it and layed tile there. The main tile is 4"x4", same color as the floor, with a pattern of thebeige accent color. I am going to make a wrought iron leg to go under the un supported end. I have the top screwed to the wall and the way I mounted it I had to cut into the wall top for the cross braces, but will still feel better with a leg on the side

I keep losing this post, so I will try again. Here is a pic of the bar area. I made a frame from 1" x 1" angle and screwed it to the top of the wall. I am going to build a "wroght iron" leg for the unsupported side

Here is the vanity I made for Vickie. She wanted some deep drawers, so I made her 6 drawers, 2 of which are 12" deep

This is my vanity. I don't need as many drawers so I get 3. Her's is 60" wide, mine is 42"

Here is a pic of the guest bath vanity, with the sink she got in TX.
    It's now 10:15, I'm tired but still going on. I am eating a Klondike Bar that is York Peppermint pattie flavored, aint life great. Almost as good as turning your pillow over in the summer, so nice and cool