Thread: Buffalo

Buffalo

I'm using buffalo burger meat for the first time. I'm putting it into lasagna. Does anyone have other recipes in case my family enjoys this? Thanks!

We use it in just about anything. It isn't as fatty as beef but it is delicious. I love buffalo burgers and have contemplated buying a buffalo calf and raising my own for meat. I would love to get into raising them for a business.

Buffalo is a little different flavor to folks who are accustomed to beef (that includes nearly all of us, I reckon). Naturally, I've had to try it on some occasions and it always cost more than beef. If it were the same price, and especially if it were cheaper, then I'd eat a lot of it, but to me it isn't any better or worse than beef (I speaking of flavor or taste only), just a little different, so I won't pay a premium price for it.

I've never had it, what does it taste like? and where do you get it? I've never seen it in any store before. I am wondering if it's something you can't get around here?
    Is it supposed to be healthier?

I've only tried buffalo once and that was at my brothers house in Alaska. I thought it was ok, not something I would eat all the time though. How do you all cook it? I also do not know if it's supposed to be healthier.

I love buffalo! I have not had it in awhile because the store here stopped selling it. I do miss it a great deal though. A buffalo meat meatloaf is the best thing ever. How did you like it?

We purchased it at the regular store. It was about $7 per pound. Much more than I would normally pay ground meat but the store was out of the hamburger with the least amount of fat that I normally buy. My guys seemed to like it.